Ofsted inspection result – October 2019
We are excited to be able to share the news that following their inspection in October 2019, Ofsted have rated Morehall Primary as a “GOOD” in all areas.
In their report, inspectors highlight the many strengths that can be found within our school including:
- ‘Pupils enjoy their time at school.’ ‘Everyone is kind to each other and that teachers care about how they are doing.’
- ‘Pupils behave well.’ ‘Bullying and incidents of poor behaviour are very rare. They enjoy their friendships and treat each other with kindness and tolerance.’
- The school is a ‘safe and inclusive place where staff care for pupils, making sure that they get the support they need.’
- ‘Leaders are ambitious for pupils to do well and learn widely. They have carefully considered the curriculum and how teachers help pupils to learn.’
- ‘Children get off to a flying start in Reception. They are happy and safe in their well organised and attractive surroundings. Leaders have carefully considered what they want children to learn.’
We are delighted that many of our pupils were able to share their personal views of our school, as were so many parents. This meant that inspectors got a clear sense of all that the school does to ensure your children achieve well and enjoy their time with us in a safe and secure environment. We would like to take the opportunity to thank all of our parents, pupils and members of the wider community that continue to support our school and who recognise what a great place Morehall Primary is!
I am also pleased that the inspectors recognised how proud our staff are of how far the school has come. In light of historic events, this really is a tremendous achievement and is one that the school community truly deserves.
Whilst the Ofsted judgement is obviously wonderful news, I want to reassure you that we want to build further on this position and will continue to work hard to make more improvements to the school. As such, the focus of our next Parent Forum on Tuesday 12th November will be looking at the next steps for the school following the inspection.
In the meantime, thank you again for all of your support!
You can read the full report here: