School Closure – Home Learning
During this time, we will post updates to our Facebook page and communicate with you via MarvellousMe. If you need support from us please email the Morehall Office email address: [email protected]. These emails will continue to be picked up and directed to the most appropriate person. If you do not have access to MarvellousMe, please contact the office who will be able to issue you with instructions on how to access this service. If you need any help at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Every child has been given an individual Google account. This information was sent via MarvellousMe. Below is an extensive guide on how to log in to Google Classroom. Please remember to use the school Google account and not your personal one.
We have prepared work for all pupils to complete at home. An initial pack and additional reading materials are being provided to you. It is important that the additional books being provided are returned to school once the school reopens- you may be charged for any books which are not returned. The work does not need to be returned to school.
A pack of work has been provided to you. Miss Piper will set additional work and send videos via Tapestry in the event that the school closes.
A pack of work has been provided to you. Additional work will be set by the class teacher via the MarvellousMe app and/ or the homework drives which can be accessed via the website. We are also in the process of setting up Google Classroom and will be in contact with details how you can access this.
Additional reading books have been provided. Please keep reading with your child/ hearing them read regularly. Children are welcome to read other books and texts (such as newspapers) and record these in their reading journals.
Please also continue to use online resources such as TT Rockstars, Numbots and LetterJoin. The Home Learning page on our website has information about these services and links to other educational websites. Companies such as Twinkl, which create educational resources, are offering parents free access to their site. You can access this via the website https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and entering the code CVDTWINKLHELPS.
Examples of Home Learning Timetable:
|9:00-9:45am||Construction play (Lego, Meccano)||Colouring||Maths||Puzzles||Spellings/ SPAG|
|9:45-10:15am||Numbots/ TT Rockstars||Numbots/ TT Rockstars||Numbots/ TT Rockstars||Numbots/ TT Rockstars||Numbots/ TT Rockstars|
|11:15-12:00pm||Home learning challenge||Just Dance/ Playing in the garden/ Go Noodle||Music/ Singing||Painting||Just Dance/ Playing in the garden/ Go Noodle|
|12:00-1:00pm||Lunch/ Free time||Lunch/ Free time||Lunch/ Free time||Lunch/ Free time||Lunch/ Free time|
|1:00-1:45pm||Maths||Homework project||Gardening||Homework project||Maths|
|1:45pm-2:30pm||Craft Activity||Board game||Craft Activity||Board game||Film|
|2:30pm-3:15pm||Spellings/ SPAG||Writing||Handwriting- LetterJoin||Writing||Film|
Tips for home learning:
- Set a timetable so that children know when they will be completing school work and when they are allowed free time. This will help to maintain routines and the expectation that children will be continuing with their learning at home.
- Have a set place where children will complete school work. Some children will find the concept of doing school work at home difficult and will feel home is for playing and school is for learning.
- As the children have at school, they will need break times and times for relaxing. Try to break up learning tasks with other activities.
- If you have a garden or outdoor space, can the children use it? Can they take their learning outside or could you get them involved in some gardening and learning about plants?
- Children are not expected to be completing school work if they are unwell.
There is further information about general Home Learning on the main page: www.turnermorehall.org/parents/homework-and-assessment